Everyone wishes to have a happy family and healthy marriage. The Bible tells us that marriage originiates from God and His plan. We must pay attention to know what God’s plan is for a husband and a wife. We also have to invite God in the center of our relationship. Let’s put down the worldly view but read together what the Bible says about a healthy marriage.
1. That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
- Genesis 2:24
2. “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
- Matthew 19:4-6
3. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
- Ephesians 5:33
4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
5. Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
- Ephesians 5:22
6. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
- Ephesians 5:23
7. Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
- 1 Peter 3:7
8. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
- Ephesians 5:25
9. The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
- Proverbs 14:1
10. You shall not commit adultery.
- Exodus 20:14
11. You ask, “Why?” It is because the Lord is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.
- Malachi 2:14
12. Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
- Hebrews 13:4
© 2016 BIBLEPORTAL.COM
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.