Christianity is not a religion of theory. We should not stop at only knowing the beautiful life of Christ.
The Lord says, “Follow me.," so we must walk together with Jesus.
After receiving salvation, we can’t stay silent or live without changes in our life. Jesus encourages us to be a good example in the world. Here is what the Bible says about that:
1. You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
- Matthew 5:13
2. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
- Matthew 5:16
3. 1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. 3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
- Ephesians 5:1-5
4. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- Romans 12:2
5. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
- Philippians 4:8
6. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
- 2 Timothy 2:15
7. Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
- 1 Timothy 4:12
8. In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness
- Titus 2:7
9. Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.
- Philippians 3:17
10. Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
- Romans 12:1
© 2016 BIBLEPORTAL.COM
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.