One of the chracters of Jesus is compassion toward people. Jesus did not neglect the suffering of others. He shared the pain together and healed them.
Does your heart become dried and judgmental toward others? Let's fix our eyes on Jesus. See what the Bible says about compassion to others.
1. When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
- Matthew 14:14
2. When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
- Mark 6:34
3. For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Matthew 6:14-15
4. Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
- Colossians 3:12
5. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?
-1 John 3:17
6. Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
- Isaiah 30:18
7. Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
- Isaiah 49:15
8. When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, “Don’t cry.”
- Luke 7:13
9. “On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him.
- Malachi 3:17
10. His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
- Luke 1:50
11. I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat.
- Mark 8:2
12. So he got up and went to his father. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him."
- Luke 15:20
© 2016 BIBLEPORTAL.COM
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.